Technology @ GMR
Technology Services from the GMR
Technology classes: While our classes are always offered as face-to-face sessions, we also offer technology classes online through Adobe Connect. Learn about blogging, podcasting, wikis, social netoworking and social bookmarking. If you can't attend the "live" sessions, you can watch a recording. Click here to see a complete list of classes we offer.
Consultation: The GMR offers consultation and assistance to our members. Some examples of what we can help with:
- Explaning emerging technologies and how they may fit in with your library
- Web 2.0 technologies, such as wikis, blogs, and social networking
- Videoconferencing and computer-based voice over IP services, such as Skype
- Podcasting, screencasting, videocasting, or video broadcasting
Do you have technology in your organization that is in need of replacement? Do you have a project that requires you to update or acquire new technology? Apply for a Technology Improvement Award! For some ideas on projects - look at some of the past awards we have funded.
The GMR regularly assists with the Technology Forum at annual Midwest Chapter of MLA Meetings. See the following for more information: Technology Forums
Keeping Up with New Technologies
How do you keep up with the exponential change in technologies?
- Medical Library/Librarian News Feeds
- General Technology News Feeds
- Mobile Technology News
Mobile Health News