There are four member hosted workshops available. Online workshops are encouraged. In person centrally located workshops are a possible option. Those interested in this opportunity are to contact email@example.com.
This opportunity is provided by the University of Utah with federal funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Cooperative Agreement Number UG4LM013732 with the University of Utah
Description of Award
NOTE: This opportunity is not considered an award but rather an opportunity to have the costs of a facilitated workshop by The Carpentries covered by the NNLM Region 4.
Each workshop includes seats for 25 data interested people. NNLM Region 4 covers The Carpentries workshop fee. Workshop hosts will coordinate with The Carpentries to produce the workshop. There are four workshops available. In person centrally located workshops are an option and those interested in this venue type are to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity is provided by the University of Utah with Federal funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Cooperative Agreement Number UG4LM013732 with the University of Utah.
Carpentries Workshop Information:
- The Carpentries will provide workshops, collaborations, and educational initiatives with the workshop host with the goal of enhancing research-computing practices of individuals engaging in those services.
- Carpentries Lesson Programs - Data Carpentry - Library Carpentry - Software Carpentry - offer workshops (curriculum overview) that are taught by a team of trained instructors.
- The Carpentries assist in organizing the workshop, which includes locating and coordinating instructors.
- The Carpentries will help publicize relevant activities by the workshop host, such as other training courses, software releases, and notable scientific successes.
- In person centrally located workshops are an option and those interested in this venue type are to contact email@example.com to discuss other funding opportunities.
ALERT! The Carpentries has limited capacity for the number of workshops being offer at a time and must be requested at least 2-3 months before your desired workshop date. When requesting your workshop, the workshop administrator will inform you if we have reached capacity for the dates requested. The Carpentries will work with you to best meet your needs.
NNLM Region 4 supports the National Library of Medicine in their pursuit to discover opportunities for building capacity in the library and information sciences community that will enable a diverse workforce to support data-driven research and promoting data literacy.
Network members hosting workshops supports the following NNLM Region 4 core aims:
- Construct a rich culture built on a foundation of inclusive programming designed to attract and engage a diverse regional network through effective membership management.
- Use community-driven approaches to increase access to health information.
- Work through libraries and other members to support a highly trained workforce in biomedical, health information, and data science resources.
Network members interested in hosting a workshop are to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the following:
- Workshop hosting responsibilities
- Workshop dates & venue
- Other NNLM Region 4 support available
Period of Performance: November 15, 2022 - April 30, 2023
Number of Workshops Available: 4
Deadline: December 15, 2022, 5:00 pm MST
These workshops are intended for NNLM Region 4 member institutions but there may be exceptions. Please contact email@example.com as soon as possible to discuss.
Priority Populations: >NNLM Region 4 prioritizes services for member institutions working to address the health information needs of NNLM priority populations (see NNLM Overview, section "Underrepresented Populations" for details).
NNLM Region 4 covers the costs for The Carpentries facilitate a workshop in coordination with a host institution.
Host institutions will be responsible to coordinate all workshop arrangements with The Carpentries.
Hosts institutions are to acknowledge funding for the workshop was funded by the University of Utah with Federal funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Cooperative Agreement Number UG4LM013732 with the University of Utah.
Online workshops are encouraged. If an in person workshop is more conducive there may be funds available to cover the instructor’s travel expenses through a Professional Development Award application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
The following reports are required for NNLM sub-awardees:
- Reports are concise descriptions of the workshop that the NNLM Region 4 uses to share event outcomes with the National Library of Medicine.
- Instructions for reporting will be provided once the workshop host/hosts have been determined.
- Reports are due within 30 days of the workshop.
- Reports will be submitted through the online NNLM Data Reporting System.
- Reports include collecting specific participant data (a form will be provided).
- The workshop attendees are required to use the NNLM Training Evaluation Form to collect and share feedback on their training activities with NNLM (a form will be provided).