Sponsorship of MLA Certificates
Region 6 Sponsorships
Health information professionals are encouraged to take advantage of Medical Library Association (MLA) webinars, which the Region 6 office sponsors at institutions across the region. Participation in these webinars at sponsored sites is free!
The Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) Region 6 will sponsor up to ten (10) institutional registrations for MLA webinars each quarter. Applications will be accepted beginning May 1, 2023 and on an ongoing basis until funding for the quarter has been expended. Institutions can apply for one (1) webinar per quarter. While each sponsored site will be able to offer the live webinar and the recorded webinar to an unlimited number of participants for up to 180 days, the Region 6 site license will only provide CE codes for up to 25 individuals.
Webinars available for sponsorship (Summer 2023):
- Peer Review and Critical Appraisal of Systematic Review Publications (June 28th, 1:00pm – 2:30pm CT)
- Hedging Your Bets: An Introductory Webinar on Locating and Using Search Hedges (July 13th, 1:00pm – 2:30pm CT)
- It Takes a Working Group to Create Strong Reviews: Enhancing Systematic Review Support and Services (August 8th, 1:00pm – 2:30pm CT)
- Sharing it Ethically: Research Lifecycle Support for Sharing Human Participants Data (August 15th, 1:00pm – 2:30pm CT)
- Increasing Rigor and Promoting Open Science: New Directions in Scholarly Publishing (August 30th, 1:00pm – 2:30pm CT)
- Download and/or print a copy of the MLA Webinar application form below.
- Complete and sign the bottom of the form.
- Do not include purchase order or credit card information; no payment is required.
- Do not send the form to MLA.
- E-mail the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Site selection is based on geographical location, accessibility, and potential number of attendees. Please note that Region 6 covers the cost for Site Registration only, not Individual Registration. Site coordinators will receive one (1) activity point applicable to their Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) MLA membership. Additional point(s) are available for leading wrap-around sessions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all funds have been spent. Awardees will be notified once approved, based on funding criteria. If you have any questions, please contact the Region 6 Office
Application File: MLA Webinar Sponsorship Form (Summer 2023)