Summer Reading & Health Programming
The Network of the National Library of Medicine has partnered with the Collaborative Summer Library Program to bring health programming to your library for Summer Reading!
Summer Reading 2021 - Tails & Tales
Check out the following health programs that compliment the summer reading theme for 2021! Written by NNLM staff.
- Animal Teeth Storytime! (Dental Health)
- Citizen Science & Animal Observations
- Citizen Science & Zoonosis
- Pet Health and Care
Summer Reading 2020 - Imagine Your Story!
Check out the following health programs that compliment the summer reading theme for 2020!
- Dental Health: A Visit from the Tooth Fairy
- Environmental Engagement: Into the Woods
- Fairytale Nutrition
- Graphic Medicine Book Club: Veterans' Stories
- Harry Potter's World
- Herbology in Harry Potter: Ginger, Peppermint, and Valerian
- Microbes Storytime: The Spread of Germs
Summer Reading 2019 - A Universe of Stories
Take a look back at last summer's health programs. Explore DNA and family history, make stardust, discover astronaut food, and more with our science programs for kids, teens, and adults in the NNLM Summer Health Programming Manual.
Exploring Genetics with Kids and Teens Kit
NNLM MAR piloted a program-in-a-box kit for 300 members to assist with Summer Library Programming. Below are lesson plans associated with the kit!