This class is no longer accepting registrations
The How PubMed Works: Automatic Term Mapping (ATM) session addresses increasing health information access and use by highlighting information about the National Library of Medicine’s PubMed bibliographic database.
During this 90-minute session about ATM we'll go behind-the-scenes in PubMed with an in-depth explanation of:
- How PubMed processes your search using ATM's 3 translation tables
- What's included in the three translation tables
- Practice verifying how ATM interprets your search
- Learn how to determine if a phrase is indexed
- Author searching
- How to bypass ATM
- Describe the contents of the 3 Translation Tables.
- Explain the order of ATM
- Analyze Search Details to verify term mapping.
- Locate PubMed's list of indexed phrases
- Describe 3 Ways to bypass ATM
By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the NNLM Code of Conduct
HPW: ATM Handout (Word)