This class is no longer accepting registrations
Are you a dedicated library worker who helps your community find valuable health information? While you empower others, it's crucial to consider your well-being. The connection between individual and community well-being is undeniable. Creating a workplace that fosters employee wellness helps improve staff health and patron services. Join us in this 2-week, 4-CE class to explore strategies for enhancing your well-being and cultivating a healthy work environment.
If you hold a supervisory role, you play a pivotal part in ensuring the health and well-being of your staff, encompassing both physical and emotional aspects. Together, we will explore ways to enhance overall wellness for all library staff, ultimately striving for healthy and secure work environments.
Throughout the first week, we will examine the evidence supporting the significance of a healthy workplace for you, the library, and the broader community. We'll discuss a healthy work environment, differentiating between effective and ineffective practices. In the second week, participants will gain insights into practical adjustments they can make at an individual level to enhance workplace health and well-being. Moreover, we will explore efforts at the team and organizational levels to promote the wellness of all library staff, ensuring a positive and healthy work atmosphere.
This course is asynchronous. There are no set hours to be online each week.
- Examine the advantages of fostering a healthy workplace.
- Investigate the characteristics of a healthy work environment.
- Recognize actionable steps for enhancing personal health and well-being at work.
- Identify strategies for implementing organizational changes to promote overall health and wellness within your library.
- Enhance proficiency in utilizing evaluation tools for assessing news articles and online content about health and wellness.
- Elevate awareness of the resources available through MedlinePlus and the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, particularly concerning health and wellness in the workplace.
This class meets the NLM national initiative of environmental determinants of health by addressing aspects of the work environment by providing health information resources and increasing health information access.
By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the NNLM Code of Conduct