Responding to questions involving topics on mental health is challenging even for the most experienced librarian. Caring for the Mind focuses on what librarians and information providers do best:
1) provide reference services
2) make connections to reliable resources
3) library programming
During the webinar, we'll cover:
- A few mental health stats and definitions
- Tips for reference interactions
- Highlight reliable information resources
- And lastly, we’ll look at some ideas for programs around mental health.
NLM resources covered in this class include MedlinePlus and DailyMed, as well as other NIH and freely available authoritative resources.
- Recognize the role the library plays in providing mental health information to patrons.
- Apply best practices to respond to questions about mental health information during a reference interview.
- Identify reliable resources for locating mental health information to share with patrons.
- Recall library programs and services that promote mental health awareness
60 minutes, 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours