If you’re new to PubMed or just want a refresher this online class is designed for you. The class is made up of 10 short units that include videos, exercises and quizzes. The class gives you the chance to explore PubMed at your own pace with guided tours and exercises. This class takes about 1 hour to complete.
After viewing the 10 video modules and completing the embedded exercises, you will have gained a solid knowledge of the scope of PubMed and how to run a PubMed search that retrieves relevant citations, and help health information consumers locate connections to medical journal citations in PubMed from a MedlinePlus health topic page.
The 10 tutorials are:
- What is in PubMed?
- Find articles on a topic
- Subject search: How it works
- Find articles from a citation
- Find articles by an author
- Find articles by journal
- Get the full text of an article
- Find the latest treatments for a disease or disorder
- Save searches and set email alerts
- Help consumers find research in PubMed using MedlinePlus