Do you want to standardize the data you collect so it can be easily shared with colleagues and other researchers? Have you been awarded a grant that requires the use of common data elements? Do you assist researchers with the data research management lifecycle? If any of these scenarios sound familiar, this course is for you!
Through live demonstrations and hands-on exercises, this course will introduce you to common data elements (CDEs) and the NIH Common Data Elements Repository (CDE-R). The course begins with an in-depth introduction to what CDEs are and examples of how researchers are already using them. Then, you’ll see how to search the repository and practice searching on your own. Subject matter experts will be in attendance to answer your questions.
- Identify NIH-Endorsed CDEs in the CDE-R
- Locate a known CDE or form
- Locate CDEs or forms from a specific organization
- Use search terms and filters to find a CDE or form relevant to their research topic
- Export or save a CDE or form in order to incorporate it into their research