You are invited to join us for the NNLM Book Discussion. From February 1, 2024 - April 30, 2024, we will discuss A History of Medical Libraries and Medical Librarianship in the United States: From John Shaw Billings to the Digital Era by Michael Kronenfeld and Jennie Jacobs Kronenfeld.
After acquiring the book in your preferred format, you can join us any time between February 1, 2024 - April 30, 2024 to participate.
- Thursday, February 29 at 3:00pm ET/2:00pm CT/1:00pm MT/12:00pm PT (Chapters 1-3)
- Thursday, March 28 at 3:00pm ET/2:00pm CT/1:00pm MT/12:00pm PT (Chapters 4-5)
- Thursday, April 25 at 3:00pm ET/2:00pm CT/1:00pm MT/12:00pm PT (Chapters 6-7)
NNLM Book Discussion offers librarians and library staff interested in better understanding health information access issues faced by people in the communities that they serve an opportunity to explore topics with other professionals and earn Continuing Education Credit.
Participants can complete the book and earn CE credit on their schedule. A new book is selected each quarter. Participants can acquire the book in their performed format and have three months to complete the requirements.
Requirements to earn CE.
- Complete the book in your preferred format
- Log into the Moodle
- Explore the related resources
- Do ONE of the following
- Answer the required discussion question in Moodle
- Attend one of the three live discussion sessions and participate.
It is not necessary to engage in Moodle discussions for all three months, although you are welcome to do so.
- To increase library staff awareness and understanding of health information access issues faced by individuals and communities
- Explore health resources from NLM, NIH, and other organizations related to the topic
Code of Conduct NNLM is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. As such, we expect respectful interactions with instructors and learners. Read the full Code of Conduct here.