This class is no longer accepting registrations
You are invited to join us for the second NNLM Book Discussion. From May 1 until July 31, we will read High Risk: Stories of Pregnancy, Birth and the Unexpected by Chavi Eve Karkowsky MD.
After acquiring the book in your preferred format, you can join us any time between May 1 until July 31 to participate.
NNLM Book Discussion offers librarians and library staff interested in better understanding health issues faced by people in the communities that they serve an opportunity to explore topics with other professionals and earn Continuing Education Credit.
Participants can complete the book and earn CE credit on their schedule. A new book is selected each quarter. Participants can acquire the book in their performed format and have three months to complete the requirements.
Requirements to earn CE.
- Complete the book in your preferred format
- Log into the Moodle
- Explore the related resources
- Do ONE of the following
- Answer the required discussion question in Moodle
- Attend one of the two live discussion sessions and participate (June 22, 2:00 PM ET or July 20, 2:00 pm ET)
It is not necessary to engage in Moodle discussions for all three months, although you are welcome to do so.
- To increase library staff awareness and understanding of health issues faced by individuals and communities
- Explore health resources from NLM, NIH, and other organizations related to the topic
Code of Conduct NNLM is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. As such, we expect respectful interactions with instructors and learners. Read the full Code of Conduct here.