The goal of the NNLM is to advance the progress of medicine and improve public health by providing U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information and improving individuals' access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health.
The Health Sciences and Human Services Library at the University of Maryland, Baltimore serves as the Regional Medical Library (RML) for Region 1, which provides programs, services, and dedicated support for NNLM Members in Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Looking for assistance? Browse our staff directory to find contact information, and get to know the RML staff by reading their personal bios.
Member organizations are eligible for benefits and services, including: NNLM funding, access to training, partnership opportunities, free educational and printed materials, NLM Traveling Exhibitions, and institutional recognition as a Network Member.
The NNLM Region 1 invites you to attend its first unconference! An unconference is a participant-oriented event where attendees structure the interactions, emphasizing conversations over formal presentations. The emphasis is on interaction between attendees and the discussions which emerge when participants are given an opportunity to engage with each other on topics of interest
The goals of the symposium are to:
- Deepen our understanding of what our members are doing related to NNLM initiatives.
- Speak with others interested in these themes and share local best practices and solutions.
- Make meaningful connections with others passionate about the topics.
- View the NNLM as a space vested in addressing health misinformation, bridging the digital divide, environmental determinants of health, and research data management.
Each day will focus on one NNLM National Initiative:
- December 5, 2023 | 11:00 - 12:30 PM ET - Engaging Communities with Health Information
- December 6, 2023 | 11:00 - 12:30 PM ET - Bridging the Digital Divide
- December 7, 2023 | 11:00 - 12:30 PM ET - Environmental Determinants of Health
Region 1 Townhall
Watch the latest NNLM Region 1 update recorded on October 24, 2023.
In the News
Region 1 Consultations and Training
NNLM Region 1 staff are available for consultation and training on applicable NLM resources and potential projects.
Are You Up-To-Date?
NNLM liaisons: Is your organization's NNLM profile up-to-date? Here's how to check:
- Login to your NNLM user account.
- Update your password if needed.
- Follow the "Update my profile" link
- Update your organization's profile as needed or contact Region 1 for assistance.
New to NNLM? Create a Free NNLM User Account!
Keep In Touch!
Email: Contact Region 1 staff via email
Region Weekly Digest: Subscribe to the Region 1 Insights Weekly Digest to receive the latest news and announcements about educational and funding opportunities.
Membership: If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the NNLM, you can sign up here. It's free!
DOCLINE Questions: Email Region 1 DOCLINE Support
Funding Support: If your project was funded by the Region 1 Office, please refer to the Funded Projects Guide for assistance to many frequently asked questions.