This online, self-paced course introduces librarians to the NLM drug and chemical information for consumers and healthcare professionals. Hands-on exercises show learners how to locate safety information, medication side effects, and drug-drug or drug-food interactions in MedlinePlus.gov and how to find FDA labeling in DailyMed.gov. Authentic problem-based scenarios offer focused practice for learners who assist library users with their prescription medication, over-the-counter drug, and dietary supplement information needs.
This training is part of the Drug and Chemical Information: On Demand series. See also:
- 2. Finding Properties, Effects, and Interactions
- 3. Exploring New Drug Research
By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the NNLM Code of Conduct.
- Distinguish between drug and chemical information resources according to how they match consumer or prescriber needs
- Locate drug and chemical safety information, side effects, and interactions in MedlinePlus
- Locate prescription and over-the-counter FDA drug labeling in DailyMed