If you have not hosted a virtual book discussion, here is a quick how-to.
- Schedule your event using your preferred video chat. For example, Zoom is available free for a limited number of persons and an increment of time.
- Invite your reading group members:
- An email or text works but for visual enhancement, try Eventbrite and use the promotional materials available from the NNLM Reading Club book page.
- Be sure to include the URL meeting link and instructions for logging in.
- Suggest arriving a few minutes early to settle in and start on time.
- Send an email reminder a day or two before the event, and attach a copy of the discussion guide and any relevant health information materials.
- On the day of your event, log in to your chat room 15 minutes early, and greet your guests as they arrive.
- With a cup of coffee or tea, enjoy your book discussion and your virtual time together.
For more tips and best practices, read Book Club Going Virtual? Consider These 3 Things by Ruth Monnier, Learning Outreach Librarian, Leonard H. Axe Library, Pittsburg State University, Kansas, ProgrammingLibrarian.org, March 31, 2020
On this Page