Discover Health and Wellness for LGBTQIA+
In recognition of Pride Month, which is celebrated every June in honor of The Stonewall Uprising in 1969, the NNLM Reading Club has selected books for all ages to help share information about sexual- and gender-affirming health care.
This month, we highlight our previous book selections and add three new titles, including book discussion guides and promotional materials to support your own library book discussion.
- Brace for Impact: A Memoir by Gabe Montesanti
- Kimiko Does Cancer: A Graphic Memoir by Kimiko Tobimatsu (Author) and Keet Geniza (Illustrator)
- How It Feels to Float by Helena Fox
Want to learn more? Here are other free NLM and NNLM programs featured this month.
- Thursday, June 8, 2023 2pm ET/1pm CT/12pm MT/11am PT NLM History Talk: “We’re here, we’re queer, get used to it”: Struggles and Stories to Be Heard for Today and Tomorrow
- Dr. Sell is a professor at the School of Public Health and Department of Community Health and Prevention, Drexel University. Circulating Now interviewed him about his research and upcoming talk.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2023 1pm ET/12pm CT/11am MT/10am PT Beyond the Binary: Understanding LGBTQIA+ Health | NNLM
Diverse Voices Toolkit Collections
Reading Club Collection
The Rest of the Story