This 4 credit-hour, on-demand class reviews collection management principles and resources for health-related collections in public libraries. Watch a recorded presentation and complete 2 assignments to evaluate your own library's health collection, and consider how you can improve your health related materials to better serve your community. Includes a downloadable list of health information resources in .html and .docx format to customize for your library. Expect to spend up to 4 hours learning through videos and activities.
Learners will be able to:
- Assess the quality of their library’s current health information materials and identify any collection gaps
- Identify quality health information resources online, in print, and other formats when conducting health information reference
- Select authoritative health information resources, in a variety of formats, for their library’s collection while meeting the needs of their community
- Explain and provide justification of the library’s health information collection
- Consider including health related things that can be offered for lending in their library